SEND Information Report
At Montem Academy, our intention for Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) is to ensure that all children receive a high-quality and ambitious education regardless of need or disability. We believe that it is vital that our pupils are equipped with the tools needed to become independent, inquisitive learners both in and out of the classroom.
Through our high quality planning, teaching and provision we:
- Pride ourselves on early identification and intervention for SEND to ensure that progress and opportunities are maximized.
- Ensure that all children have access to a broad and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to enable children to understand the relevance and purpose of learning.
- Provide an accessible learning environment which is tailored to the individual needs of all pupils.
- Develop children’s independence and life skills
- Regularly monitor the progress of children with SEND, using a child-centred approach.
- Provide good quality and relevant training for all staff members supporting children with SEND.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Work closely with external agencies and other professionals to hone and develop our provision for children with SEND.
For further information, please see our SEND Information Report 2022 - 2023
SEND Intent, Implementation and Impact
This document summarises our vision at Montem Academy, outlines the provision we offer and evaluates the positive impact this provision has for our pupils.