At Montem Academy, our intention in Geography is to convey a greater understanding and knowledge of the world through reading age appropriate texts that stimulate children's inquisitiveness and fascination of the world.
Our Geography curriculum is progressive throughout the whole school and covers the knowledge and skills stated in the National Curriculum . The geographical skills and knowledge acquired will equip the children for the future.
Through our high quality teaching , we will develop the following skills and knowledge:
- A secure knowledge of the place in Britain and the wider world;
- An extensive base of geographical knowledge and vocabulary;
- The ability to ask and answer geographical questions;
- Draw conclusion and explain their findings;
- Use a range of resources to gather information .