The Montem Vision outlines the culture, vision and values that we
expect every member of our academy community to aspire to and uphold at
all times – children, staff and families. Everything we do will be in
the spirit of The Montem Vision – learning, attitudes and behaviour. By
following the high expectations defined by The Montem Vision, everyone
will have the best possible opportunity to achieve their best and
develop their talents and skills.
What is The Montem Vision?
Outcomes for our children
Montem Children are:
- Everybody is welcomed, respected and valued
- We will help every child to achieve high standards in their
learning in order to reach their full potential
- We celebrate achievement and recognise success;
- We have high expectations of all;
- We have teaching and learning at the heart of all we do
- We foster a thirst of learning and working together
- We celebrate and embrace diversity
- Our children will be safe, happy and successful;
Our Attitudes and
- confident and highly motivated and are fully involved in
- well behaved, tolerate and care and support each other
- independent thinkers, open minded, show initiative and have
a love of learning
- proud of their achievement s and celebrate the success of
- valuable contributors to the wider community
The school has the following three rules which the pupils and staff are
expected to follow at all times and in all circumstances.
Personal, Social and
- These rules are taught, modelled and valued by all school
- These rules are prominently displayed around the school and
in the classrooms.
- Through the use of our agreed system we will achieve
consistency; every member of our community has a clear understanding of
the high expectations we have for attitudes and behaviour.
- The school also celebrates a Value of the Term which
focuses on British Values.
- We place a strong emphasis on enabling pupils to develop
their self-esteem and self-confidence in an inclusive environment.
- The competences will be taught throughout a child’s time at
Montem Academy, with each skill building year-by-year at an
How will the Montem Vision be celebrated?
- Through weekly circle time and PHSE lessons
- Through Montem Tokens (awarded as an incentive and reward,
for pupils who demonstrate the Montem Vision during playtimes)
- Through assemblies and celebration events.
- Through the giving of awards for:
- Montem Champion ( Award for good citizenship)
- Principal Award (Awarded to pupils in recognition of their
achievements and success
- Attendance awards (Awarded weekly to the class with the
highest attendance and termly to pupils who have 100% attendance)
- Through Montem Vision Award: Awarded to one child in each
year group each week in recognition for upholding The Montem Vision.
Parents/Carers will receive a reward card through the post.